Saturday, March 29, 2014

A Blast From the Past

I landed in Hyderabad, India a couple of days ago and found myself absolutely free (how deliciously joyful that feeling is!) for a few hours. Hyderabad is a city that is very close to my heart for a number of reasons. I decided to make good use of the time and went about doing some exploration by myself...

Reacquainting myself after years, I found myself at Shilparamam, a beautiful flea market/Indian artisans' showcase near Madhapur area. I had forgotten how beautiful local artists creations can be and why I hadn't been there sooner!! (Mental note: pinch self) I was mesmerized for hours strolling through the lanes of stalls filled with pretty things - I could set up camp here! 

Check out the things that had me going ga-ga!

Night Bazaar showcasing everything ethnic, vintage and breathtaking! (You know I'm afflicted with Color Frenzy!)



Lovely summer scarves:

B-e-a-utiful embellished vintage bags!!





 Handmade ethnic ones - so perfect for summer!!

                            

                           

These gorgeous Gujarati work wall hangings and table runners!



Handmade carved wooden boxes that had me wanting to replace every box in my home


Dizzying array of colorful jewelry that begged for a indulgence (I gave in - keep calm and sparkle)





I would call it as good a day as any!

- Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment